We had the best morning ever and now you can too by following this recipe for Maple Bacon Breakfast Muffins. You're welcome.
|Shown above: Zoya Nail Polish in Pepper|
Maple Bacon Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 strips cooked Applewood bacon, set 2 aside - crumble remaining 8 pieces. (Substitute turkey bacon or smoky maple bacon tempeh for kosher & vegan options)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp bacon drippings, cooled
- 1 egg (vegan option: substitute 1/3 cup applesauce)
- 1 cup milk (vegan option: substitute almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a smaller, separate bowl, whisk together canola oil, bacon drippings, egg, maple syrup and milk.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture over dry ingredient mixture, and stir with large wooden spoon until just combined. Fold in bacon crumbles.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 way full with batter, and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Break remaining 2 pieces of bacon into small bite sized pieces and stick into the top, center of the muffin.
- Let cool while you prepare the glaze.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp milk
- Whisk everything in a small bowl until glaze is smooth. Add a little more powdered sugar to thicken if needed.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled, bacon-topped muffins and enjoy!
Makes Approximately 10 muffins